Cajun Sweet Potato Fries + Roasted Garlic Sriracha BBQ Sauce
Chef Brianna Gallo presents her cajun sweet potato fries and roasted garlic sriracha bbq sauce. Whether it’s a weekend barbecue, family movie night, or a chill night in– fries are the complimentary snack to all group gatherings.
What’s so sweet about sweet potato?
As a superfood, sweet potatoes are packed with anti-inflammatory nutrients and Vitamins A and C, making them an excellent food choice for those suffering from asthma and arthritis. So before you pick up that bag of frozen fries from the freezer aisle, think again about the disease-preventing health benefits and choose sweet potatoes!
For light bites and LEVO-infused magic, we’ll take a supersize with extra sriracha bbq sauce on the side, to-go, please!
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries
2 large sweet potatoes
3 tbs LEVO flower-infused coconut oil
2 tbs cajun seasoning
1 tbs salt
For the Sauce
1/2 cup vegan ranch dressing
1 tbs cajun seasoning
1 tbs hot sauce
1. Peel your potatoes and cut into fry shapes.
2. Coat them with the infused coconut oil, and place in a single layer on a baking tray.
3. Transfer them to a preheated 450F degree oven, and cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
4. Once cooked, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a bowl. Add your cajun seasoning & salt, and toss to coat all the fries.
5. For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Roasted Garlic Sriracha Barbecue Sauce
1 tbs. LEVO-infused coconut oil
1/2 red onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup roasted garlic
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
30 oz. tomato puree
4 tbs. coconut sugar
1/4 cup + 1 tbs Sriracha
2 tbs. whiskey
2 tbs. blackstrap molasses
1 tbs. soy sauce
1 tbs. yellow mustard
2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. tamarind paste
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
1. Place all ingredients in a pot over medium heat, stirring frequently until boiling.
2. Using an immersion blender (or do this in batches in your regular blender), blend the sauce until smooth.
Tune in for more savory recipes with PLVNT.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.
All images by PLVNT / Recipe by Chef Brianna Gallo.