Whipped Coconut Vanilla Body Butter
Whether you’re fighting to stay warm amidst the polar vortex or spending your days by the beach, it’s always the right time to pamper yourself. Keep your skin hydrated with this super simple #LEVOmade coconut oil & vanilla body butter recipe.
Why coconut oil?
For skin types that battle with acne, congested pores, and irritation, coconut oil is extremely beneficial due to its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. It contains a high content of lauric acid, a medium chain fatty acid that’s known to be an extremely effective antiviral and antimicrobial agent.
- 1 cup vanilla infused coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
1. After dispensing, allow your infusion to cool overnight (or speed up the process in the fridge or freezer!). You’ll need the oil to be solidified before whipping.
2. Put solid vanilla infused coconut oil and the vitamin E into a mixing bowl.
3. If available, we recommend a stand mixer (like a Kitchenaid) or a good old fashioned whisk for a proper arm workout. Whisk until airy and light (7-8 minutes).
4. Use a glass jar to store the body butter and cover it lightly. Store at room temperature, or in the refrigerator.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.