New Year, New Flu Season Remedy
The holidays are finally over and the new year is here again! With back to back travel and hectic family gatherings, is it surprising that our immune systems are trying to catch up with us? This time of year is susceptible to those flu-like symptoms, so whether you’re working from home or headed to the office every day, be prepared and stay hydrated with this foolproof ginger honey lemon tonic recipe below!
It’s so soothing, you might even want to keep this on deck for those chilly nights by the fire. Apres ski drink, anyone?
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger (or more to taste), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon ginger-infused honey, or to taste
- Optional: 1 ounce whiskey (for a soothing, winter drink)
- Add your peeled, chopped ginger to your LEVO Pod, submerging in honey (make sure to use a viscous honey, not a creamed varietal).
- Close lid and set infusion to 1 hour at 105F.
- Add fresh lemon, water and infused honey to taste in a small saucepan over low to medium heat until heated through.
- Pour the mixture into your mug or glass.
- Feel free to add the shot of whiskey if you’re going for chill.
Want an extra kick? Add some fresh cayenne peppers to your pod for a spicy sweet infused honey.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.